HOW TO TAKE A BREATH
- 12 October 2021
It's finally here - the comprehensive handbook on all things breathing.
Tania Clifton-Smith has put her 30 years of experience as a clinician and educator into one comprehensive handbook. Covering topics from sports, to chest clearance, voice, anxiety and even breathing well for a tip top immune system and Covid recovery. Breathing well can bring about improvements in a surprising number of areas of your life.
This skill is usually taken for granted. Surely you just breathe in … and then you breathe out? But experienced physiotherapist and breathing dysfunction expert Tania Clifton-Smith has been helping people correct their breathing patterns for over 30 years and has seen at first-hand what a difference it makes.
She covers both health perspective and wellness perspective – “breathing is misunderstood and it is not as simple as in and out and one exercise fits all, skill and in depth knowledge is important when it comes unpacking breathing”.
The official launch starts in New Zealand Saturday the 9th of October.
See the schedule below in New Zealand re interview times. Spread the word, tell your clients to tune in, come with questions.
- Sat 9 Oct Magic Talk Weekend Life with Carly Flynn: 12.05pm [on air]
- Tue 12 Oct Television 1 Breakfast Show 8.45am [on air]. TVNZ
- Thu 15 Oct RNZ Nine to Noon 10am [on air]
- Sun 17 Oct Newstalk ZB Weekend Collective Sunday Health 4pm [on air]
More importantly, buy the book!
Available in all NZ bookstores now and online.
Also available from Book Depository and Amazon Books.
Learn how to breathe well for reduction in stress and anxiety, better sleep, clearer thinking and improved performance in sports and at work, written by an experienced clinical expert in breathing function.
Includes chapters on:
- Why breathe well?
- Self-awareness and self-checks
- The stress connection
- Meditation, mindfulness and breathing
- Why does breathing change?
- Recipe for breathing well
- Breathing well at different ages and stages
- Sports Performance and recovery
- Voice production
- Cough, hoick, spit
- Pain management
- Beyond the body and mind - a Māori perspective
Breathing is the most amazing tool we have to help us through life.
BradCliff continues to share the knowledge, skills and techniques developed over the last 30 years. World leaders in breathing re-education.