New Zealand Physiotherapy Honorary Fellow Award 2021 - this award is in recognition of contribution through research, advocacy, or academic achievements for the advancement of the profession &/or for population health internationally.
Physiotherapist Tania has 30 years experience in the field of breathing dysfunction, breathing pattern disorders and hyperventilation syndrome and physiotherapy.
She co-foundered Breathing Works clinics 1998: the clinics have treated over 30,000 individuals with breathing pattern disorders & breathing dysfunction.
Established the BradCliff Breathing Method in 2008, a physiotherapy treatment programme for breathing dysfunction. Completed the post graduate MindBody Medicine diploma AUT Auckland 2015.
Published works on breathing pattern disorders & breathing dysfunction include:
- How to take a breath (Penguin NZ 2021)
- Breathe to Succeed (Penguin NZ 1999)
- Dynamic Breathing – managing your asthma (Random NZ 2008)
- Breathe Stretch & Move (Random NZ 2002)
- Breathing Matters (Random NZ 2006)
- Clifton-Smith T, Rowley, J. (2011). “Breathing pattern disorders and physiotherapy: inspiration for our profession”, Physical Therapy Reviews, 16 (1) p75-86
- Recognizing and Treating Breathing Disorders A Multidisciplinary Approach by Leon Chaitow, Christopher Gilbert, Dinah Morrison United Kingdom, 2013 Chapter 7.6 Breathing Pattern Disorders and the Athlete
Guidelines: Severe Asthma Toolkit Australia 2018
- NZ Asthma and Allergy Educational Board
- NZ Physiotherapy Business Development Advisory Group
Extensive since 1991 to both medical and non-medical audiences.