29 Feb 2020 (8:30) - 1 Mar 2020 (15:00) Add to calendar
Neuromotion Surrey, 203-13737 96th Ave, Surrey, BC, V3V 0C6, CanadaView map
This evidence based program founded by world renowned leaders in dysfunctional breathing will introduce you to the concepts of breathing dysfunction.
Our programme is open to registered Physical Therapists and Respiratory Therapists who have a particular interest in the role of breathing and respiration, and its links to balanced health and enhanced recovery.
Level 1 Course Concepts:
- A review of the respiratory/psycho/physiological alterations in the acute and chronic over-breather and the biomechanical/anatomical changes that sustain these poorly diagnosed disorders
- Assessment and questionnaires, and goal setting
- Identification of triggers/stressors at all ages and stages
- Body mechanics, posture and breathing dysfunction
- Nasal health
- Treatment principles and techniques
- Physical coping skills for stress fatigue, anxiety and pain management
- Asthma, COPD, breathless patient breathing retraining guidelines
- Introduction to Inspiratory Muscle Training
- How to make BradCliff Method® a part of your practice
There is no pre-requisite to attending this course.