1 Mar 2021 (9:00) - 9 Apr 2021 (17:00) Add to calendar
Breathing is the most amazing tool we have to help us through life.
As we enter a new decade where many are searching for ways to improve health awareness, the breath is constantly popping up on social media and in the health sector. BradCliff will continue to share the knowledge, skills and techniques we have developed over the last 30 years.
This evidence based programme, founded by world renowned leaders in dysfunctional breathing, will introduce you to the concepts of breathing dysfunction.
This online course is only offered to physiotherapists and respiratory therapists. Please enquire if you are unsure. If you are an allied health professional interested in future online learning please email firstname.lastname@example.org with which profession you belong to and your interest in our courses.
Level 1 Course Concepts:
- A review of the respiratory/psycho/physiological alterations in the acute and chronic over-breather and the biomechanical/anatomical changes that sustain these poorly diagnosed disorders
- Assessment and questionnaires, and goal setting
- Identification of triggers/stressors at all ages and stages
- Body mechanics, posture and breathing dysfunction
- Nasal health
- Treatment principles and techniques
- Physical coping skills for stress fatigue, anxiety and pain management
- Asthma, COPD, breathless patient breathing retraining guidelines
- Introduction to Inspiratory Muscle Training
- How to make BradCliff Method® a part of your practice
8 week online course: 2 weeks of pre reading, 6 weeks of online content.
Online lectures and webinar meetings starting 1st March 2021
Completion 9th April 2021
- Early early bird registration available until 24th December $785
- Early bird 25th December – 10th February 2021 $875
- Course closure 22nd February $945
- The first 2 weeks involve pre-reading of articles to be done in your own time.
- Each Friday during the course, you will be sent video lectures for you to view in your own time via Vimeo links that each have a password. Each section will come with handouts and a set of questions for you to answer.
During the course, there will be four Webinars via Zoom to discuss the answers and any questions. For those of you who have never taken part in a webinar, we will guide you through the process. Time slots for the Webinars are usually Wednesday/Thursday 7am, 8am, 12pm, 6.30pm, 8pm and 11.30pm New Zealand Time (please convert to your own time zone). You will choose one Webinar time slot per week. We will make every possible effort to make sure there is a time that works for you.
The BradCliff Methodology has 12 Sections. These are constantly updated and reviewed - for the purposes of Level 1, the following sections will be covered:
- Week 1: Section 1 Introduction to the BradCliff Breathing Method® and Manual, and Section 2 Biomechanics, psychology, and biochemistry of breathing.
- Week 2: Section 3 Subjective and Objective assessment, What is a normal pattern?
- Week 3: Section 4 Basic treatment and Section 5 Relax - panic stress.
- Week 4: Section 6 Activity/Movement/ Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT) K5 / cadence.
- Week 5: Section 10 Integrated Chest, plus COVID19 patient rehabilitation in the community.
- Week 6 Case Histories - The business of breathing and wrap up.
Each week will require between 2-3 hours participation in your own time, plus there will be 4 live webinars (different time options for after work/time zone differences), a total 20 hours of CME.