BradCliff Method Level 1 - ONLINE
Breathing is the most amazing tool we have to help us through life.
As we enter a new decade where many are searching for ways to improve health awareness, the breath is constantly popping up on social media and in the health sector. BradCliff will continue to share the knowledge, skills and techniques we have developed over the last 30 years.
This evidence based programme, founded by world renowned leaders in dysfunctional breathing, will introduce you to the concepts of breathing dysfunction.
This online course is only offered to physiotherapists and respiratory therapists. Please enquire if you are unsure. If you are an allied health professional interested in future online learning, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating which profession you belong to and your interest in our courses.
Level 1 Course Concepts:
- A review of the respiratory/psycho/physiological alterations in the acute and chronic over-breather and the biomechanical/anatomical changes that sustain these poorly diagnosed disorders
- Assessment and questionnaires, and goal setting
- Identification of triggers/stressors at all ages and stages
- Body mechanics, posture and breathing dysfunction
- Nasal health
- Treatment principles and techniques
- Physical coping skills for stress fatigue, anxiety and pain management
- Asthma, COPD, breathless patient breathing retraining guidelines
- Introduction to Inspiratory Muscle Training
- How to make BradCliff Method® a part of your practice
Online course: 2 weeks of pre reading, 6 weeks of online course content.
Online lectures and webinar meetings starting 14th February 2024.
Completion 28th March 2024.
- Early Early bird: up to the 13th Dec 2024 $945
- Early Bird: Available from 14 Dec until 17 Jan 2024 $1045
- Full Price: Available 18 Jan until 11 Feb 2024 $1145
- Please note scholarships available, please apply.
- Pre reading articles will be sent out two weeks before the course start date to be done in your own time.
- Each Wednesday during the course, you will be sent video lectures for you to view in your own time via Vimeo links that each have a password. Each section will come with handouts and a set of questions for you to answer.
- During the course, there will be four 60 minute Webinars via Zoom to discuss the answers and any questions. For those of you who have never taken part in a webinar, we will guide you through the process. Time slots for the Webinars are usually Wednesday/Thursday 7am, 8am, 12pm, 6.30pm, 8pm and 11.30pm New Zealand Time (please convert to your own time zone). You will choose one Webinar time slot per week. We will make every possible effort to make sure there is a time that works for you.
- 24 CME hours spread over 6 weeks
The BradCliff Methodology has 12 Sections. These are constantly updated and reviewed - for the purposes of Level 1, the following sections will be covered:
- Week 1: Section 1 Introduction to the BradCliff Breathing Method® and Manual, and Section 2 Biomechanics, psychology, and biochemistry of breathing.
- Week 2: Section 3 Subjective and Objective assessment, What is a normal pattern?
- Week 3: Section 4 Basic treatment and Section 5 Relax - panic stress.
- Week 4: Section 6 Activity/Movement/ Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT) K5 / cadence.
- Week 5: Section 10 Integrated Chest, plus COVID19 patient rehabilitation in the community.
- Week 6 Case Histories - The business of breathing and wrap up.
Each week will require between 2-3 hours participation in your own time, plus there will be four 60 minute live webinars (different time options for after work/time zone differences).
Trudie did our in-person Level 1 course in 2018, and took the Level 1 online course in March 2021. This is what she had to say!
"Just wanted to let you know how much more I have absorbed this wonderful information on the online course. Perhaps I am just in a more receptive space this time round. However, having the opportunity to look and listen to the video lectures multiple times has enabled me to put things together so much more comprehensively. I think for my learning style... this was key.
Reflecting on my exposure to patients stories, from community time in South Auckland through to MSK in private practice, I can see how beautifully the Bradcliff method, in its ordered holistic assessment and treatment, has its place. Looking back... my attempts to assist where I just knew BPD was present would be much more effective now!
I realise that some of my memories of the in person course in 2018, though, has also helped. But... from my perspective, being able to absorb information at a slower pace, reduced 'overwhelm and switch off!' Well done. I will be recommending!" - Trudie Kerrisk, New Zealand
NOTE: If your employer will be funding this course, please fill in the form below so we can generate an invoice and send on to them.