Sat 27 Apr 2019 (8:30 AM) - Sun 28 Apr 2019 (3:30 PM) Add to calendar
Ottawa Physiotherapy and Sports Clinic - Westboro, 347 Churchill Ave N, Ottawa, Ontario, ON K1Z 5B8, CanadaView map
Our programme is open to registered physiotherapists and registered respiratory therapists who have a particular interest in the role of breathing and respiration, and its links to balanced health and enhanced recovery.
Level 1 Course Concepts:
- A review of the respiratory/psychological/physiological alterations in the acute and chronic over-breather and the biomechanical/anatomical changes that sustain these poorly diagnosed disorders.
- Assessment, questionnaires, and goal setting.
- Identification of triggers/stressors at all ages and stages.
- Body mechanics, posture and breathing dysfunction.
- Nasal health.
- Treatment principles and techniques
- Physical coping skills for stress, fatigue, anxiety and pain management.
- Asthma, COPD, breathless patient breathing retraining guidelines.
- Introduction to Inspiratory Muscle Training
- How to make BradCliff Method® a part of your practice
Maximum 10 participants.
There is no pre-requisite for attending this course.
Please register your details using this form: Application form for courses in Canada
Tickets & bookings
- $725 + GST for registrations prior to March 15th; $875 + GST full price
- Jessica DeMars